Thursday, August 26, 2010

Maree Sol's Cria

We had a really busy week this week. On Thursday, Noah and I worked all day and then we had an ultrasound and prenatal appointment at 6pm. After that, we went to the south side of Grand Rapids to pick our new mini van up. We didn't end up getting home until close to 9pm. Noah headed out to the barn to take care of the pacas and I went into the house to prepare for an hour long presentation I had the next day for a training for work. I told Noah to make sure to check on Sol since she was getting close to her due date; last year she had her cria at 347 days and she was on 341 days today. As soon as I got into the house, Noah called my cell and said that Sol had her cria. I went out to the barn to check him out. Yes....another boy! He is a solid dark fawn out of Sol who is white and Smokey who is modern dark silver grey. The cria was already up, dry and moving around. She probably gave birth to him early that afternoon. The birth appears to have gone well. The cria weighed in at 15 lbs and the placenta was surprisingly small for Maree Sol being such a huge girl. The cria was already nursing well and Maree Sol is a great and attentive mom....even confronting our great danes when they tried to sniff the new baby. The cria is smaller in size and looks to be stocky like his sire. He has a cute short little face. We are also impressed with this little boys fiber so far. Smokey is known for having very soft cria, but they aren't usually very dense. This little guys is the most dense Smokey cria I have ever seen and the most dense baby born on our farm this year. Noah is still coming up for a name for the little guy. While he is the same color as his full brother d'Artagnan who was born last year, his fiber and body type look much different. Here are a few pictures of him:

1 comment:

www.essayhelp24.com said...

So cute and funny. These guys are so wonderful. Once I had to write a review on the article about lamas. I laughed for an hour because of them. I wrote it with such lightness in my heart..