Monday, June 7, 2010

USA Peruvian Sequoia

This past weekend, we added a new herdsire to our farm. I love grey alpacas....their color just seems to catch my eye....and I have been looking for a tuxedo grey boy to add to our herd for a while. We happened to work out a wonderful deal last weekend and USA Peruvian Sequoia moved in! He is a beautiful full Peruvian dark silver grey tuxedo boy out of HA Holy Smoke. Also, Peruvian Silverado is his grandsire. I love his color and he has some neat black, light grey, and brown spots throughout his blanket. I need to get some pictures of him shorn as you can really see his spots. He has a bunch of light silver grey spots on his rump that remind me of bowling pins lined up in formation and the rest of his back legs and rump are dark greyish-black so he looks like he is wearing pants. Not only did Sequoia's color draw me to him, but his nice staple length and fiber coverage did as well. He also has nice bone structure and a short stocky head, which is always appealing to me. Sequoia already has a few cria on the ground, but we hope to use him for breeding on our farm this year. I can't wait to see what we get next year! So far, Sequoia is doing well on our farm. We have him in with our younger boys right now because he seems to be pretty laid back and ignores the little boys for the most part. I am a little worried that he will get beat on if we put him in with Smokey. Here are a few pictures of Sequoia in full fleece.
Here is a picture of Sequoia's sire Holy Smoke:

Here is a picture of Sequoia's grandsire Silverado:


No comments: