Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Your Life Calling Today

In the mornings as I get ready for work, I normally have the Today Show on TV. As I was just getting ready to leave this morning, they had an interesting segment on called Your Life Calling Today-Reinventing Yourself about a man who followed his dream to become an alpaca farmer. Noah and I are thinking there must be someone working for the Today Show who loves alpacas as they seem to be on the show a couple times a year....or maybe America is just falling in love with alpacas! The people in the segment are the same alpaca farmers who were recently featured in an American Express commercial. Follow this link to see the commercial:

American Express: How Can I Get Paid Faster?

Follow this link to see the segment from the Today Show:

You Life Calling Today: One Man's Alpaca Farm Dream

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very interested in becoming an alpaca farmer in the future as well. I have my heart set on it, even though I am just young and have only just begun falling in love with alpacas! A farm nerby has two male alpacas and I love them! Even the one who shys away from everyone else eats out of my hand and lets me handle him!

Noah and Jillian Schwander said...

We have been raising alpacas for almost 4 years (since I was only 21yo) and it is amazing. I wouldn't trade it for anything. If you are in Michigan or ever visit Michigan, we'd love to have you over to our farm to meet our alpacas (don't worry, we wouldn't give you any cheesy sales pitch either)...we just love alpacas and love sharing our lifestyle on the farm with visitors! Email me at alpacas@ashtonstone.net anytime to talk alpaca or to schedule a visit. Thanks so much for your comment and I hope you follow your dream of becoming an alpaca farmer!
~Jillian

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, as well! I love reading your blog and I love alpacas more than any other animal and the highlight of my week is definatly visiting those two male alpacas at the local farm!

Noah and Jillian Schwander said...

You already sound like an alpaca farmer; alpacas are easy to fall in love with! Do you live in Michigan?

Anonymous said...

I do not see myyself visiting anytime soon but if I do I will keep your farm in mind.