The mission of the Michigan Alpaca Livestock Product and Commerce Association is to advance the alpaca industry in the State of Michigan through the joint effort of alpaca breeders, fiber processors, and commercial producers/sellers of alpaca finished products, Michigan educational institutions and alpaca research organizations for the benefit of the Alpacas and all those involved with their care and their fiber products.
The goals of the Michigan Alpaca Livestock Products and Commerce Association are to:
- Promote the continuance of a dynamic, growing and profitable alpaca industry in Michigan.
- Encourage the breeding of the highest quality alpacas.
- Provide training and education to its members on alpaca management, health and other alpaca husbandry practices.
- Provide marketing and growth opportunities for the Michigan alpaca industry through shows, public relations events, youth programs, and collaboration with state and local governments and civic organizations.
- Promote, conduct and/or sponsor programs to educate and inform the public about alpacas and alpaca products.
- Promote research of alpacas and alpaca fiber at Michigan Universities.
- Help establish and support a South American Camelid Department within the School of Agriculture at Michigan State University
- Promote the development of products made of Alpaca fiber.
- Encourage social interaction of members.
Public Awareness and Education
We are excited about MI-ALPACA and encourage you to check the association out for yourself by following this link: